Location: Sussex, WI
Employment type: Full-Time/Temp to Hire
Safely operates injection molding press machines to meet specified production and quality standards.
Includes the assembly, inspection and packaging of parts as well as performing secondary operations as
- Operates automatic and semi-automatic molding machines. Observes operation of machines
and promptly notifies Supervisor, Team Leader or technician whenever problems occur to
ensure that output is per standard.
- Takes part from press and trims excess material as needed to meet the customer’s agreed-upon
- Examines molded product for any quality defects based on product standards and written
instructions to assure that defective parts are not packed. Notify technicians and Team Leader
of problems in a timely manner.
- Performs secondary operations as required to produce parts to customer’s agreed-upon
standards. This includes, but is not limited to, hot stamping, drill presses, gluing, cutting and
- Puts excess material and unsatisfactory parts in regrind container to be collected and recycled
by the Grinder.
- Meets specified production rate as stated on work order for cost-effectiveness and to meet
- Packs only acceptable finished product to specifications on work order. Make, seal and label
boxes or stack on skids as instructed to accommodate shipping needs.
- Completes the operator ticket accurately to document work completed during the shift to
assure accurate production and inventory records.
- Responsible for putting the first shot of the shift at the end of the press on the center shelf of
the product standard shelves for the Team Leader. This must be done as soon as the Operator
gets to the press at the beginning of the shift– the same time that the production ticket is being
filled in for the start count.
- Maintains a safe working environment to minimize the possibility of an injury. Reports any
unsafe conditions to supervisor.
- Maintains area in a clean and orderly manner to create a pleasant and productive work
- Assists with the training of temporaries and new employees as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Uses good interpersonal communication techniques to work with co-workers. Is courteous and
helpful when interacting with fellow employees. Helps to create a pleasant work environment.
- Learns, practices and supports all Lean Manufacturing tools to assist the Company in the
continuous improvement process. Lean Manufacturing tools include 5S, Six Sigma, Single Minute
Exchange of Dies (SMED), Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), and Value Stream Mapping
- Must have the equivalent of a high school diploma preferred.
- Must be able to perform basic math skills.
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs. to shoulder height preferred
- Good attendance and punctuality at previous jobs
Days/Hours/Pay rate: Monday-Friday
1st shift 7:30am to 3:30pm $13.50 + $0.50 cents for attendance bonus.
2nd shift 3:30pm to 11:30pm 10.75 + $0.50 cents for attendance bonus.
3rd shift 11:30pm-7:30am- $ 11.50+ $1.50 cents for attendance bonus.
*Occasional Overtime offered but not required.