Employment type: Long Term
We are seeking sewing candidates to work in a fast paced manufacturing company. Candidates must be reliable and have good work ethic.
- Works from verbal and written instructions
- Performs sewing of components and/or sub-assemblies
- Assemble two or more fabric piece parts by sewing seams following sample, verbal or written instructions
- Work with various types of materials such as heavy fabric, vinyl, leather, canvas and plastics
- Replace needles, bobbins and thread. Thread needles and adjust thread and spool tensions as required
- Visually inspect materials and work performed before and after sewing for defects, i.e. loose stitching, proper seam allowance and seam alignment, to ensure adherence to established quality standards
- Stamp employee identification number on each piece produced
- Notify Supervisor or Group Leader of problems for disposition or remedy
- Performs daily maintenance duties on sewing machines, i.e. oiling and lint removal, and
- Looks for ways to improve sewing processes
- Must be able to stand for all of the regular shift as well as bend, reach and stoop
- Must be able to keep up with the production lines
- Drug test required
Pay Rate: 1st $11 or more depends of experience.
Days/Hours (shift): Monday- Friday (7:00am – 3:30pm)
*Hours are subject to change depending on workload, must be flexible as days off change on a weekly basis.