Location: North of Milwaukee
Employment type: Temp to Hire
Under the direction of the Operations Manager or designee, the Line Lead is responsible for ensuring
their specific line is running smoothly. This individual will be required to assist with the training and
development of temporary, seasonal, or regular employees. Working independently and with your team
is a requirement to ensure we can meet the demands of the business.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts
and forklifts. The environment is ventilated, air conditioned, damp, and with vibrations. The ground can
be uneven. The employee will rarely be exposed to fumes/gases and/or chemicals. Employees are
required to wear the following protective equipment: hard hat, hair and/or beard net, steel toed boots
(or equivalent), eye wear, and cut gloves. Hearing protection is optional. The employee is performing
the job indoors.
- This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other
duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Ensures work area is clean before and during shift; sanitizer filled and by workstation before the
start of shift.
- Ensures paperwork matches the product being run and is correct.
- Collects appropriate signatures on paperwork and labels before and after running products, as
- Communicates all changeovers to staff.
- Calibrates thermometers before going live on lines.
- Works with the appropriate supervisor to correct, train, and develop staff especially as it
pertains to job responsibilities, personal protective equipment, and standard operating
- Completes paperwork to specifications given by Managers and based on PSAs.
- Prints SCADA reports as directed.
- Communicates necessary improvements or needs to Managers; may be asked to fill out a work
- Provides line support when needed (as General Labor, Operator, Loader, Palletizer, or other);
therefore, must understand and perform the functions/responsibilities of each role on the line.
- Works as a team player to ensure company is meeting the business demands of our customers
and to ensure the floor is running smoothly.
- Other tasks as assigned by management to ensure there is nothing wrong with the product or packages
- Must have and wear protective gear
- Must be able to stand for all of the regular shift as well as bend, reach and stoop
- Must be able to keep up with the production lines.
- Must follow GMP’s as well as all food safety rules.
- Must be able to count and follow instructions.
- A high school diploma or GED with some experience in a manufacturing or tolling environment preferred.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand continuously, to walk intermittently and sit rarely
- Employee must be able to frequently bend and twist at the waist and frequently tilt their head; occasionally the employee needs to squat and climb stairs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to comprehend instructions given orally. Must be able to read and write in English for purposes of documentation, training of staff, and comprehension of PSAs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written or oral instructions.
- The employee may be required to handle or lift product up to 56 pounds below shoulder height 5 feet or less.
- The employee must be able to frequently reach, push, pull and handle materials below the shoulder and rarely handle material above the shoulder.
Pay Rate: $??
Days/Hours (shift): Monday- Friday (2 pm to 10pm) 2nd shift
*Some Saturdays are required depending on workload